Off Season Mass Gaining Diet
Updated: Mar 9
This has been my diet for the last couple of months to add some new muscle tissue in order to be bigger on stage as we look to prepare for my first IFBB Pro show hopefully this year.
I posted this on Facebook a short while back before the site was ready:
It's back day. See my current diet for adding size below.
Weak area: back width and lower lats.
Bodyweight in these pictures was probably around 57-57.5kg as I was extremely flat by the time we stepped on stage... Should have been around 58kg.
Current body weight: 73-74kg Body weight this time last year: 78kg
Current goal: Add size all over and work on known weak points plus get stronger. Get lean for guest posing in June and possible show.
Training has been very intense this past couple of months so this next few weeks will still be hard training but with a little less volume then will ramp back up.
Current diet for adding mass, meals vary between 4 or 5 meals before training:
All weights a raw/uncooked weights
1) 50g cooked oats with 1 scoop whey
2) 150g lean mince/chicken/turkey/lean pork/tuna steak + 300g potatoes, 3/4 bag micro rice or egg noodles + green veg or salad slaw.
3) 150g lean mince/chicken/turkey/lean pork/tuna steak + 200-250g potatoes/ 1/2 bag micro rice or egg noodles + green veg + 150g Greek yoghurt with half an apple and a few grapes
4) 150g lean mince/chicken/turkey/lean pork/tuna steak + 200-250g potatoes/ 1/2 bag micro rice or egg noodles + green veg or salad slaw
5) Pre workout meal: 125g lean mince/chicken/turkey/lean pork + 200-250g potatoes/ 1/2 bag micro rice or egg noodles + green veg or salad slaw + few biscuits or whatever I fancy.
6) Intra workout drink: 30g/45g/60g carbs from cyclic dextrin (amount depends on body part trained) + 2 scoops pepto pro + 5g Scitec creatine + Scitec BCAAs + glutamine.
Straight after training: 1 x muffin or the like.
Post workout meal: 150g lean chicken/turkey/lean pork/tuna steak + 200-250g potatoes/ 1/2 bag micro rice or egg noodles.
There maybe the odd protein bar during the day too depending how active the morning has been...I can spend up to 2 hours a day Mon-Fri cleaning the gym.
None training days will consist of smaller carb meals all day.
I won't restrict myself though, if I fancy some biscuits I'll have them...if I fancy a burger, I'll have one. The key here is moderation.
MuscleFactory members get free diet plans so whether you need help to lose body fat or add size we can help.
Free to join and just £16/month for 12 months if you join in January.
Come and have free week on us before you join.
⏰Opening hours :
Mon-Fri: 06.00-21.00 Sat: 09.30-17.00 Sun: 10.00-16.00
MuscleFactory Gymnasium William Street End Swinton South Yorkshire S64 8BP
☎️ 01709 591846